We continue to be committed to providing a high quality service built around the needs of our customers. We understand that with several million customers, mistakes will sometimes happen and complaints will arise, but remedying them, both by fixing them properly and learning from them, remains a top priority for us.
In 2012 we continued to focus on improving the customer’s journey in all aspects of our customer service. Some of our key initiatives are listed below:
- As a result of listening to our customers and revisiting the way in which we pay their claims, we have seen improvements in the speed of payments to our customers.
- We recognise that key lifetime events, such as retirement, are very important for our customer base, and using customer feedback, we have updated our website, providing customers with more tools and guides to help them plan for their future. Our website has also been expanded to provide policy-related information and financial planning tools for customers who became part of Phoenix Life Assurance Limited in September 2012 and those who transferred to Phoenix Life Limited in March 2012.
- More information about the September 2012 change of name (from Pearl Assurance Limited to Phoenix Life Assurance Limited) and the March 2012 transfers of NPI Limited and certain National Provident Life Limited policies to Phoenix Life Limited can be found by using the links below.
- In 2012 we successfully moved approximately 1 million customer policies onto a single database. This should deliver more efficient and cost effective administration of customer policies and enhance the service received.
- As well as making inroads into improving our customer service offering, we recognise that complaint handling is an opportunity to interact personally with our customers and to turn dissatisfaction to satisfaction in one phone call. If we are unable to resolve a customer’s issues by telephone we believe it is important to take ownership of the issue and keep our customer fully informed of progress whilst we rectify what has gone wrong. This approach ensures that, as far as is possible, our customers have a positive experience of the complaint journey, not only putting right what has gone wrong, but also rebuilding trust and relationships.
We are committed to continuing to learn about what matters to our customers. Your feedback is important and can be given at any time by e-mailing our Customer Director, Susan.McInnes@thephoenixgroup.com
View our complaint handling results for the period 1 July to 31 December 2012
View our complaint handling results for the period 1 January to 30 June 2012
Read more about our recent transfers of business.
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.